Saturday 28 January 2012

Fly Like an Eagle 2

Well I promise another update of todays shinanigans. YES! there was a ton more snow and it was glorious. However, what made it all the sweeter was it was dead! people assumed it was a whiteout and pissed off to Les Gets, but I knew it would be clear in Avoriaz and it was. So quiet slopes and lots of snow, what more could I ask for?! Riding in it was amazing, no sound you just glided through it :D

So sticking with the moto of all or nothing I really did push it today as a result I think I banged my head about 3 times ( who knows it was once too many :P ) all on really stupid things though, not where I was actually trying new stuff. Strange. But me pushing it was securely having switch down even though im like beginner slow haha and powder tree runs. All good fun! though another close call with the tree runs resulting in a scratch on my waist and nearly falling down a hole haha.


Annoyingly, what this image fails to show is only my toe edge of my board is in snow the rest is just hanging in the air. That and it fails to show any depth as it looks like im standing in snow, whereas I can assure you It was abit of a drop into the tree itself. As I couldnt climb up without sliding down a tree branch and a Tarzan swing got me moving again haha. The random places I end up.


This is the remainder of the tree run after my "mishap", what line I took, I dont know as I was jumping off stuff and shooting off all over the place So I have no idea haha.

The clouds were low, but the visibility was great aside from the odd moment where it did whiteout for a couple of minutes, so you either pressed on or waited it out.

 
 

Finally! finally! found some untouched powder, never normally finish work early enough to get out there and make the first lines however today I did. Sadly I only got one decentish picture the others show nothing. but here is my line! (sad I know but I dont care :P)  OH what the picture doesnt show is all the zig zags through the trees, but theyre there, honest!




So that was today Ive said alot and probably told you nothing haha but hey ho, its how it goes. Anyway enjoy these couple of pics I quite like!

 

1 comment:

  1. great images, how on earth did you end up a tree, and you can tell by looking at the trunk!!! lol!!

    keep safe!!! love ya xxxxx

    ReplyDelete