Thursday 9 February 2012

Snip Snip Boom

Who watched the videos yesterday?? did you enjoy.??  Well I can now explain the last one abit more. The reason I think no one does that tree run is there isnt a run off, just a drop! some pretty shallow overs fully vertical but that depends on where you end up and how far you go haha. I obviously went on for ages (untracked powder, who wouldnt) and ended up with a couple of drop offs. The video is of one about 12ft if it snowed recently im sure it would actually be rideable but as the piste bashers have been through alot its carved right out and no one wants to jump from that high onto flats. 

Anyway that was the first drop off, the second I never got a chance to film as I actually needed to climb out and drop! basically it was vertical for about 9ft and had a roll off at the bottom for a few more ft. I couldnt just slide down like the previous one as there were rocks and what not. So handily there was a tree/spruce growing just below me so I had to slide to that swing out like Tarzan and then just drop the 9 ft haha, Bit off when youre just hanging off a branch knowing the only was is down.

Annoyingly the pictures dont do the drop any justice but Ive tried to capture it as best as I can




The orange arrow is pointing at the top of the drop off where I was sitting and the purple is the tree branch I used to swing out of. Now you should be able to see thats quite far up into the trees...


this picture im now standing on the piste but you can see the gap in the trees where I came out of.  I dropped roughly 9ft down onto the snow (bottom of the trees) and slid on my ass the rest of the way down haha. Absolutely great fun! So I am definitely claim that tree run. cant wait to try it on a powder day, may be able to ride all the way out :P

On a side note, I succesfully cut my hair today,  It was abit of a state. Freaking hour it took! but that said genuinely wouldnt believe I did it myself, hurrah!

1 comment:

  1. Only one word for it ...CRAZY!!

    Still I know nothing I say will change your mind so please BE CAREFUL.

    Madness, absolutely madness lol!!!

    Love and miss ya loads xxxxx xxxxx

    ReplyDelete